Keeping your smile healthy starts with your toothbrush. Choose a brush with soft bristles that’s comfortable to hold. Soft bristles are gentler on your teeth and gums. Look for a toothbrush with a shape that can reach all parts of your mouth.
How brushing your teeth help your mouth
7 steps for brushing success
- Angle the bristles next to the outer surface of your teeth toward the gum line.
- Gently move the brush in a circular motion.
- Gently scrub all the outer surfaces of the upper and lower teeth, making sure to reach the back teeth.
- Using the same circular motion, brush the inside surfaces of all your teeth.
- Scrub the chewing surfaces, especially the grooves that may collect food particles in your back teeth.
- Use the tip of the toothbrush in a circular motion to clean the front teeth.
- Finally, gently brush the roof of your mouth, the insides of your cheeks, and your tongue. This makes your entire mouth feel clean and may also freshen your breath.
Do you enjoy reading this?
Kindly share it with others.